UPDATED: 5/18/2020: To Our Loyal Fans and Community of Friends,
Fifty-Third Winery and Vineyard
Phase One “Re-Opening” Update
We are pleased to be able to welcome visitors again in accordance with the start of the Governor’s Phase One plan to reopen businesses in the Commonwealth. Below is an overview of new policies and procedures instituted per the Governor’s Plan to ensure the safety of visitors and our staff.
- We are open 11am-5pm 7 days a week.
- On-premise bottle sales only. No “by the glass” sales.
- We will continue curbside pickup and offer discounted shipping ,i.e.$10 flat rate shipping for 6-11 bottles and free shipping for 12 bottles or more.
- For those staying to enjoy our outside areas
- We cannot accept groups of more than ten including children.
- We will make the following areas available for customers: Outside tables and deck. We ask that customers refrain from moving outside tables.
- Children and pets are welcome. Pets must be leashed.
- Customers are welcome to bring their own picnic baskets, chairs and blankets.
- Customers are welcome to bring their own glassware. We will provide a choice of non-returnable complimentary glass or plastic cup.
- No one allowed inside tasting room other than to purchase wine by the bottle. Please follow entrance and exit lines.
- Pavilion will be closed.
- Patrons will be able to use Restrooms in tasting room. Only one patron allowed at a time and customers should follow entrance and exit signs.
- Safety and Health
- Social distancing rules will be in effect which includes outdoor areas. Signs will be placed in areas reminding customers.
- All tables and chairs will be distanced at least 10 feet from each other. The rule is 6 feet but we have the space to make people feel more comfortable. All outside tables will be sanitized after each use.
- Restrooms will be cleaned/sanitized every 15 minutes.
- Our staff will be wearing facemasks for your safety. Its now the law, you must wear facemasks when entering our buildings.
- Same as we tell our employees, if you are sick, have been sick within the last 14 days or been in contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days, please stay home.
- Importantly, even if it starts to rain, we cannot let people inside under the social distancing rules in place. Visitors must go to vehicles.
We appreciate your business and support.
Together we will get through this difficult time!
David and Susan